A Note From the Nurse
In an effort to keep all of our students, faculty, and staff healthy, here are a few health reminders.
We ask that if your child exhibits any of the following signs orsymptoms, please DO NOT send your child to school:
- Fever (temperature of 100℉ or greater without medication) - Please do not give medication to reduce the fever and then send the student to school.
- Diarrhea - Students should remain home for 24 hours past the last episode.
- Nausea and/or Vomiting
- Severe cough, cold, sore throat, earache or stomach ache
- Constant nasal drainage (very runny nose)...If drainage becomes yellow or green, keep your child home, consult doctor, and bring doctor’s note when student returns to school.
- Undiagnosed rash - Have doctor examine and bring doctor’s note when student returns to school
- Watery, pink color to the eyes with drainage from the eyes/crust on eyelashes -Have doctor examine and bring doctor’s note when student returns to school 24 hours after treatment has begun
Students should be free of fever, vomiting, and diarrhea for 24 hours before returning to school.
If your child has an open wound or sore, please make sure it is covered with a bandage and write a note to your child’s teacher.
If your child is diagnosed with a contagious disease, please inform us at school when you call to report the absence. Student must return with a medical release from the doctor.
We appreciate your cooperation with us in this attempt to maintain a healthy environment in which to learn.