To be eligible for reimbursement, all courses must have prior approval from the Superintendent, must be given by an accredited educational provider, and you must earn a B or higher in the course. Tuition reimbursement will not be honored unless the course has prior approval from the Superintendent.
To receive course approval, please follow the steps below:
- Go to the School District 170 website(www.sd170.com), Under Departments, click the Human Resources tab.
- On the Human Resources page, you will find the tuition reimbursement tab on the left, please select.
- Choose Certified/Classified Tuition Reimbursement document and fill out the form that is provided.
- Send this form through email to email@example.com or to central office through district mail c/o Joe Barker.
- After this, you will receive an email from Joe Barker stating whether or not the class has been approved by the Superintendent.
- If your course is approved by the Superintendent, you can go forward with registering for that class.
After completion of the course you will need to submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org or send to central office through district mail ℅ Joe Barker:
- Unofficial transcript, official report card, or official transcripts.
- Receipt showing the class was paid.
*For cohort participants, you shall be entitled to tuition reimbursement not to exceed $150 per credit hour up to a maximum of 36 hours over the duration of this agreement. You will not need to fill out the individual class forms from the district website for a cohort. Instead, follow the steps below:
- Send the official cohort course sequence to email@example.com or to central office through district mail c/o Joe Barker.
- When you receive a confirmation email to show that your cohort was approved, please register for classes.
- After completion of each semester, please send your unofficial transcript, official transcript, or unofficial report card to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Along with that, please attach a receipt to provide proof of payment for the course.
Official transcripts must be submitted to the District office by October 1 for salary adjustments.
Good luck to those of you seeking to further your education.